Every single calendar year, Bollywood churns out a big number of supposedly ‘laugh-out-loud’ comedies. Nevertheless, genuinely amusing flicks like ‘Hera Pheri’ (2000), ‘Lagey Raho Munnabhai’ (2006) and ‘Andaz Apna Apna’ (1994) are getting ever more uncommon – as administrators are focusing a lot more on together with slapstick cases in their films. The very best that we have acquired in phrases of a first rate comedy film in latest instances is ‘Chashme Baddoor’ (2013), even though the Ali Zafar-starrer was nothing really remarkable. Permit us listed here consider a glimpse at some of the most pathetic attempts at creating Hindi comedy films in the publish-2000 era:
- Daddy Cool (2009) – With ‘Daddy Cool’, K. Murli Mohan Rao achieves the around-impossible process of transforming 2007’s sleeper strike ‘Death At A Funeral’ into an unfunny, overlong film. Its star forged involved either actors who have been very well-past their offer-by-date, like Suniel Shetty and Aftab Shivdasani – or those whose occupations by no means seriously bought off, like Aarti Chhabria, Ashish Chowdhury and Tulip Joshi. The entire farce over a dead body left a lousy taste in the mouth – for the handful of folks who ventured to observe ‘Daddy Cool’ at a theater.
- Rascals (2011) – A great deal like Ram Gopal Verma, David Dhawan is one more filmmaker who has dropped his mojo lots of many years back again. If you want any affirmation for that, consider looking at ‘Rascals’ on television or DVD. It is simple irritating to watch two senior (age-intelligent and appears-wise!) actors like Sanjay Dutt and Ajay Devgn grappling for the attentions of a significantly young Kangna Ranaut. A wood Arjun Rampal performed the part of the baddie in ‘Rascals’, which, understandably, sank with out a trace.
- It really is Rocking… Dard-E-Disco (2012) – You may perhaps or may well not be a Bappi Lahiri admirer, but you have to confess that the ‘disco king of India’ deserved a better tribute than this monstrosity. Sneha Ullal, the Aishwarya Rai clone who built her debut in ‘Lucky: No Time For Love’ (2005) proves nevertheless again that she has no acting techniques in anyway, when Akshay Kapoor engages himself in inexplicable antics in the movie. Bappi Lahiri himself has an extended cameo in the film – despite the fact that why he agreed to it will for good continue being a thriller. Look at the man’s songs on Television, listen to them on audio-streaming mobile apps, but prevent this movie. Nothing’s rocking about it!
- Chatur Singh Two Star (2011) – Don’t be misled by the name – this sorry excuse of a comedy film does not should have two (or any, for that make any difference) stars. Sanjay Dutt, with a hideous wig, essays the title character, with Ameesha Patel (whose career experienced begun transferring downwards) as his lady really like. A steamy quantity and a pair of gags from Suresh Menon have been not ready to help you save this film.
- Kambakkht Ishq (2009) – Akshay Kumar gave four cleanse hits in 2007, but his magic commenced to flounder soon later on. Sabbir Khan’s hugely-hyped ‘Kambakkht Ishq’ was predicted to revive Akki’s job – but it did just the reverse. With a central idea of a wristwatch receiving unintentionally planted in a patient’s stomach and which has the ‘Om Mangalam’ chant set as its alarm tone, the movie was panned by standard cinegoers and critics alike. Kareena Kapoor played her portion in the nonsensical heading-ons, whilst Denise Richards and Sylvester Stallone experienced friendly appearances. We are practically absolutely sure that the final two experienced no strategy how terrible the movie was shaping up to be!
- O Teri (2014) – Incredibly the latest, and jaw-droppingly undesirable. Salman Khan and buddy Atul Agnihotri generated this film (the former even appeared for a music through the stop credits). Pulkit Samrat, who charmed every person with 2013’s ‘Fukrey’, was paired with debutant Bilal Amrohi – and the two portrayed 1 of the worst bromances in the heritage of Hindi cinema. Sarah Jane Dias was miscast as the boss of a media household. Mandira ‘noodle strap’ Bedi had a position, but no just one was fascinated to fork out large bucks to look at ‘O Teri’. Possibilities are large that you will never be in a position to sit via a tv re-run of the motion picture either.
- God Tussi Excellent Ho (2008) – If you are a admirer of Jim Carrey’s ‘Bruce Almighty’, enjoy it yet again or try out discovering a Hindi-dubbed model of the movie. Will not bother to test out ‘God Tussi Good Ho’ – Rumi Jaffrey’s uniformly howlarious retelling of that legendary film. People had been the times when Salman Khan experienced not started out performing remakes of South Indian films, and this was among the his quite very long listing of failures. 1 feels sorry for Priyanka Chopra even though – the heroine of this buffoonery. Oh, and Amitabh Bachhan experienced a bit job as God. What ‘Players’ did to ‘The Italian Job’, ‘God Tussi Wonderful Ho’ did to ‘Bruce Almighty’ – much before.
- What’s Your Raashee? (2009) – A masterclass from Piggy Chops this time (she essayed 12 various roles!) was not adequate to shore up this overlong borefest from Ashutosh Gowariker. Harman Baweja, who presently experienced an unsuccessful sci-fi movie (‘Love Story 2050’) and a athletics film (‘Victory’) shipped still an additional dud with ‘What’s Your Raashee?’ His Gujarati boy-act was sadly unconvincing, the screenplay was all over the put and although there were a couple of awesome songs, it never ever lived up to its billing as a ‘social comedy’.
- No Dilemma (2010) – If you really feel that no director could mess up a movie that experienced so several A-record actors (from Anil Kapoor and Akshaye Khanna, to Sushmita Sen, Kangna Ranaut and Bipasha Basu) – you would be underestimating the powers of Anees Bazmee. To make sure that the slew of large stars in the film received ample screen time, Bazmee almost certainly forgot the relevance of getting a coherent storyline much too. A hamming Suniel Shetty did not assist matters either.
- Buddha Mar Gaya (2007) – The most effective of comic actors from the prior and the present generations starred in likely the worst motion picture on this list. Anupam Kher enacted the function of a useless entire body (if that would make any sense to you!), although if not trustworthy stars like Om Puri and Paresh Rawal pranced all around the corpse in an totally senseless fashion. The thought that Kher’s character died when seeking to have some ‘under-the-sheets’ fun with Rakhi Sawant was plain repulsive. If you have a deep-seated hatred on a person, you can look at gifting a DVD copy of ‘Buddha Mar Gaya’ to him/her!
- Shortkut: The Con Is On (2009) – Neeraj Vora tasted box-place of work accomplishment with ‘Phir Hera Pheri’ (2006), and that likely gave him the self confidence to appear up with this bland fare three decades later. The attempts at humor by Arshad Warsi and Akshaye Khanna had been crude, and Amrita Rao’s a lot-publicized glamorous avatar uncovered subsequent to no appreciation. The inane dialogs extra to the irritability of the by now convoluted plot. The only interesting factor about the film was the way in which the makers had performed all-around with the term ‘Shortcut’ in its title.
- Pyar Unachievable (2010) – For an actress of her calibre, Priyanka Chopra has sent an astounding selection of unwatchable duds. In ‘Pyar Impossible’ – she paired up with Uday Chopra, whose sole assert to fame in the last decade and a fifty percent has been the sidekick-role in the ‘Dhoom’ franchise. The movie experimented with, and abysmally failed, to seize the clean romantic truly feel of ‘Notting Hill’ (1999). Director Jugal Hansraj experienced a miserable performing profession, and with ‘Pyar Impossible’, he proved that filmmaking techniques had been not his forte either.
- Pyare Mohan (2006) – It released just right before ‘Tom Dick and Harry’ – and the two the movies poked enjoyment at handicapped people in the identify of comedy. Having said that, the latter at minimum had Himesh Reshammiya’s chartbusters going for it, although the Fardeen Khan-Viveik Oberoi starrer came up brief on that depend also. Laughs had been scarce during the film, it is rarely ever aired on tv, and the two leading girls (Amrita Rao and Esha Deol) have arrived at lifeless-ends in their respective acting occupations. We are not shocked!
- Bin Bulaye Baraati (2011) – In his initially few of flicks, Aftab Shivdasani appeared lovable. Then, he begun putting on bodyweight, his performing prowess deteriorated remarkably, and he fell out of favor with 1-time mentor Ram Gopal Verma. ‘Bin Bulaye Baraati’ offers Aftab in the most pathetic effectiveness of his overall (albeit short!) vocation. Giving him enterprise in this totally rotten motion picture were being RGV’s former muse Priyanka/Nisha Kothari, Rajpal Yadav, Gulshan Grover and Shakti Kapoor. Shweta Tiwari’s raunchy item number extra a dollop of vulgarity in this previously doomed movie.
- Tees Maar Khan (2010) – Farah Khan fell out with ideal buddy Shah Rukh Khan when the latter (sensibly) opted out of this movie, and Akshay Kumar was picked as his alternative. A pretty effective new music album, with Katrina Kaif’s moves in the ‘Sheila Ki Jawaani’ track as the emphasize, gave the motion picture a truthful quantity of pre-launch hoopla. Then, the motion picture produced, and folks uncovered how outrageous the plot was (robbing a treasure-laden practice by fooling an complete village, in case you have been wondering) and gave it a unanimous thumbs-down. Akshaye Khanna’s filmstar act did evoke a couple of chuckles – but that was it. Farah patched up with Shah Rukh later on – and hopefully her long term videos will be pleasing yet again.
- Housefull 2 (2012) – If sis Farah can feature on this listing, can bro Sajid be far powering? Certainly not! The latter had not gained over critics with ‘Heyy Baby’ and ‘Housefull’ – and he manufactured it a hat-trick of inadequately crafted comedies with ‘Housefull 2’. The movie experienced a great deal of star electrical power, from Akshay Kumar and Asin, to Riteish Deshmukh, Mithun Chakraborty and Boman Irani. The tale of mistaken identities – in ‘Housefull 2’, all the 3 lead actors pose as ‘Jolly’ was carried out-to-loss of life nevertheless, and viewers were still left as puzzled as the other folks onscreen. Previous-timers Rishi and Randhir Kapoor pitched in with matching negative performances, and someone should really have instructed Sajid to not forged John Abraham in a comedian function. The motion picture was a substantial winner at the box-office environment nevertheless, but future finally caught up with Sajid Khan with his following launch.
Govinda, the king of Bollywood comedies in the late ’90s, attempted his luck with ‘Chal Chalein’ (2009) and ‘Do Knot Disturb’ (2009) – the two of which ended up equally cringeworthy. The the latest South remakes that Salman Khan has starred in have not wowed critics, but ‘Ready’ (2011) can be singled out as the most shockingly poor attempt at creating a pleasurable film. Rohit Shetty’s ‘Golmaal’ series may not be National Award-profitable content, but it would seem like an complete masterpiece in comparison with these films.
If you have not viewed any of the above videos, you are a lucky individual!