HARDY’s 2020 debut album A ROCK proved a declarative introduction. American Songwriter applauded its “lyrical genius,” Billboard called it “one of the most self-certain comprehensive-duration debut albums in yrs,” becoming a member of The New York Occasions in naming the challenge to very best-of-the-12 months lists. Earning a billion on-desire album streams, investing in excess of 106 months on the Billboard Major State Albums chart together with a best five debut, licensed gold by the RIAA, and scoring a chart-winning solitary or two, admirers and critics alike immediately took discover of a wave of momentum as potent and singular as the artist it was lifting.
Now, just more than two years later on, HARDY is introducing the up coming chapter of his critically acclaimed catalog. On his next complete-size LP, the mockingbird & THE CROW out January 20 by using Massive Loud Documents, he soars into uncharted territory, marrying place and rock in a two-component, 17-observe duality showcase. The “promising purveyor of maintaining the spirit of typical heavy Southern rock alive” (American Songwriter) masterfully hones the sounds and themes of equally the influences he grew up listening to and the life he grew up living on an album in contrast to just about anything our structure has viewed prior to.
“the mockingbird & THE CROW is, in my view, the best issue I have produced so far,” HARDY shares. “I had a large amount of time to get in the weeds earning this record with some of my favourite people today in Nashville, and it definitely captures just about every part of who I am as an artist. I’m honored that I get to share it with you up coming year simply cannot wait around to hear what you imagine about it.”
The double-edged job was recorded among Ocean Way and Blackbird Studios in Nashville, entirely manufactured by Joey Moi with co-output by HARDY and Derek Wells, and co-production on pick out tracks by David Garcia, Jordan Schmidt, Ben Johnson, Andrew Wade, Jeremy McKinnon, and Cody Quistad. Fully co-prepared by HARDY with a rolodex of Songs Row’s finest – Ashley Gorley, Rhett Akins, Hillary Lindsey, Jessie Jo Dillon, David Garcia, Hunter Phelps, Jordan Schmidt, and a lot more – the ACM Songwriter of the Year’s “fearless…distinctive ear” (CMT) is on total screen throughout the 17-song sophomore effort and hard work.
The country rocker took to social media to shock admirers, asserting a miniature album preview offered instantly, releasing 3 model new songs – “here lies nation audio,” “the mockingbird & THE CROW,” and “TRUCK Bed.”
“here lies state music” title drops style tropes, staple hit singles, and stereotypical pass times to create a fictional entire world wherever region new music has performed its past gig. The title observe transitions the document from the mockingbird to THE CROW, balancing country and rock sensibilities and pinpointing the essence of the project. Jacked up and completely ready to keep trapped in your head, “TRUCK BED” is an addictive, twisty, rock/pop-infused banger anchored by a refrain as clever as it is catchy: “I woke up on the erroneous side of the truck mattress this early morning.”
The trio of new releases sign up for current Prime 35 single “wait in the truck” feat. Lainey Wilson and just-dropped rock solitary “JACK” across all platforms. Pay attention below.
HARDY has never been just one particular point not just nation, not just rock. Not just a songwriter, not just an artist. He’s a myriad expertise with a reward for “synthesizing biography with imagination to generate genuine storytelling” (Rolling Stone). And on the mockingbird & THE CROW, he proves it.
the mockingbird & THE CROW Track List
1. beer (Michael Hardy, Ashley Gorley, Ben Johnson, Hunter Phelps)
2. red feat. Morgan Wallen (Michael Hardy, Rhett Akins, Ben Hayslip, Jacob Rice)
3. hold out in the truck feat. Lainey Wilson (Michael Hardy, Renee Blair, Hunter Phelps, Jordan Schmidt) ^
4. drink one particular for me (Michael Hardy, David Garcia, Hunter Phelps)
5. i in place (Michael Hardy, Smith Ahnquist, Nick Donley, Jake Mitchell, Hunter Phelps)
6. display (Michael Hardy, Jessie Jo Dillon, Matt Dragstrem, Hunter Phelps)
7. satisfied (Michael Hardy)
8. here lies place tunes (Michael Hardy, Cole Taylor, Brett Tyler, Will Weatherly)
9. the mockingbird & THE CROW (Michael Hardy, Jordan Schmidt, Brett Tyler) ^
10. Sold OUT (Michael Hardy, David Garcia, Hunter Phelps) *
11. JACK (Michael Hardy, David Garcia, Hillary Lindsey) *
12. TRUCK Bed (Michael Hardy, Ashley Gorley, Ben Johnson, Hunter Phelps) +
13. .30-06 (Michael Hardy, Cameron Montgomery, Hunter Phelps)
14. I AIN’T IN THE State NO Extra (Michael Hardy, David Garcia, Hillary Lindsey) *
15. RADIO Music feat. Jeremy McKinnon (Michael Hardy, Zach Abend, Nick Donley, Jeremy McKinnon, Cody Quistad)~
16. Eliminate SH!T Until I DIE (Michael Hardy, David Garcia, Hunter Phelps) *
17. THE REDNECK Tune (Michael Hardy, Andy Albert, Nick Donley)
All songs developed by Joey Moi
All tunes co-manufactured by Derek Wells and HARDY
* co-manufactured by David Garcia
^ co-created by Jordan Schmidt
+ co-created by Ben Johnson
~ co-manufactured by Andrew Wade, Jeremy McKinnon, and Cody Quistad