The Top 5 Free BlackBerry Apps For 20103 min read
Ever since the iPhone introduced the app store, the demand for smart phone applications has gone through the roof. Each new smart phone that is now released is expected to have the extensibility support for apps, and that is no different for the current players such as the BlackBerry.
BlackBerry apps have become more popular over the recent months with the growing functionality of the iPhone pushing its rivals to go the extra mile. But with so many iPhone and BlackBerry apps available, which is the best?
Below are the top 5 free BlackBerry apps for 2010.
1. BlackBerry App World – The BlackBerry App World application personalises your smart phone with social networking, games and much more. Although quite an obvious choice, the App World application allows you to download new apps straight from your smart phone. Much like the iPhone App Store, this application exists to make it much easier for people to download apps without the need to hunt around the web to find them. A must have.
2. Qik – This app has been around a while, but Qik really is an excellent app to have. With video streaming becoming increasingly popular in 2010, Qik allows you to stream video straight to the web for your friends and family to see while in action. You are able to stream or download the videos from the Qik website, and it has complete social networking integration for websites such as Twitter and YouTube.
3. Foursquare – If you haven’t heard of Foursquare then you must have been living under a Internet shaped rock for the past few months. The basic premise of Foursquare is that it is a social networking website with a difference. Users access Foursquare from different places using the BlackBerry app, and it uses GPS to identify your current location. With each check in you earn points, and more points are awarded for being advantageous (ie: exploring lots of places in one day). This is one of those games that you have to experience for yourself – and it is definitely worth it.
4. Flixster Movies – If you are a big movie fan then this app should be perfect for you. Movies by Flixster is an app that allows you to watch high quality movie trailers, get details of the latest movies, read reviews and much more. The app is very user friendly and contains details relevant to the UK, Canada and the United States.
5. Pandora – Similar to Last.fm, Pandora is a personalised radio app that allows you to play all of your favourite artists and also related songs and albums. You are able to select your favourite artists in Pandora, and relevant recommended songs will be provided to you. As the BlackBerry website says: “Get the Pandora application… and be prepared to fall in love with music all over again”
So there you have it – the top 5 free BlackBerry apps for 2010. There are many applications available for the BlackBerry is it continues to show the world that it can compete with the iPhone – but some are obviously better than others.